The Eule-Organ from 1985
When the church was reconstructed, the company Hermann Eule Orgelbau Bautzen was commissioned to build a new organ in the early 1980s.
Inspired by the church’s French tradition, the company built an instrument that was designed in accordance with certain principles of French organ construction that originated during the Baroque period. These made it especially well suited for playing classical French organ music, although its stops allow performers to play organ literature from other epochs, too: from the old masters and Bach to that of the modern composers. As the gold-plated carving had survived from the Schmaltz Organ pipes, with the crowning “Eye of God” in the aureole, the initial pipes could be reconstructed with the aid of the old carving. Consequently, this carving is the only part of the church to survive from the 18th century.
On 15 September 1958, the new organ erected on the west gallery by Helmut Werner, Ulrich Schwarzenberg, Armin Zuckerriedel and other employees of the Eule company on the west gallery, was officially inaugurated. Since then, it has won itself a permanent place in the Berlin-Brandenburg organ landscape thanks to its beautiful sound and unmistakable character.